Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Brother's Love

Family and Friends: November 25, 2008

A Moslem friend sent to me the following as a word of encouragement:

Four chambers of a man’s heart are filled with the love of the four women in his life.

In the first chamber, resides a woman who brings him the gift of life and equips him with the worldly tools of survival. The man calls her “mother”, the most respected relationship of all.

The second chamber of his heart is the house to a woman who shares her childhood with him. She becomes the custodian of his naughty little secrets. She shields him against parental anger and outrage by taking some of the blame of his boyish actions. The man calls her “sister”, the most sacred relationship of all.

The third chamber of his heart is the home to his sweetheart. She transforms him from a carefree boy into a caring man. She gives him a warm bed and a comfortable home. The man calls her “wife”, the most amazing spiritual connection between a man and a woman known to human beings.

And finally, starting from toes, to the heart, the woman who walks all over him and occupies the last chamber of his heart. She is the one who gives him the gift of responsibly. She holds his finger from the beginning to the grave. The man calls her “daughter”, the most beautiful connection on the planet.

Adele Jean Neumen resides in our heart as daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother, niece, aunt, cousin, and friend.

We come to the close of this memorial service of honoring Adele, knowing that she has fulfilled her measure of this life.

A verse from a beautiful song from the movie “Goodbye, Mr. Chips” came to mind when I was thinking about our beloved Adele:

“In the evening of my life, I shall look to the sunset,
At a moment in my life, when the night is due.
And the question I shall ask, only I can answer.
Was I brave and strong and true?
Did I fill the world with love, my whole life through?”

Adele Jean Neumen can answer those queries with a simple “yes”. Yes, I was brave; I was strong; I was true. Yes, I filled the world with love, my whole life through.

Family and Friends, May we in like manner follow her example.

Let us pray:

Dear God, our Heavenly Father,

We thank you for Adele Jean Neumen. For her spirit, her example of faith, her testimony of your unending love. Thank you for giving her to us for this brief time.

May your spirit continue to reside with us as we move forward with fond memories and find solace that she will always be with us as we reflect upon how she has touched each of our lives.

Give comfort to her husband, family and friends, as only you can give.

We ask in your Beloved Name.

Amen.

All My Love to Adele.

Your Brother,
Gary

1 comments:

Anonymous

Uncle Gary,

Thank you for your beautiful words about mom. I am glad that this was posted so we all could have it.

I love you!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008