new challenges
Well, as promised here's the update...
Today was ok. Brandon and Mom/Granma spent the day with Adele. Adele wasn't too hungry this morning. She also didn't want open her eyes for them today. Adele rested and listened to music until it was time to go for radiation. Brandon's friend Mikey came over to help get Adele into the car. (Thanks Mikey!)
After radiation, it was time to rest.
I came over around 5 or so. Soon Erin was home. We got Adele up (with Brandon's help) and got her ready for dinner. I had the privilege of serving (feeding) dinner to my big sister. She had applesauce, Chik-Fil-a homemade Chicken noodle soup and coleslaw (her favorite). She ate fairly well. No sign of her bably blues for me either but she was definitely following our (Erin, Brandon and my) conversation. As we talked about politics, the fed bail out and of course the Project Runway re-run, she turned her head to whoever spoke.
When it was time for me to get going, I handed the spoon over to Erin and gave Adele a hug and kiss and then she waved goodbye.
Will update soon.
Love you all,
Gail
2 comments:
Gail,
Thank you for being a rock to the family. I know that Adele enjoys having you come by.
Give her a hello from Dean and I. We will be out this weekend.
I really feel that today this poem relays what I am feeling for you all. I can't believe the pain that each of the family is feeling. Maybe these words will help.
Footprints
by Margaret Powers
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scene from his life. He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him he noticed that many times there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it was at the very lowest times in his life.
He questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The LORD replied, "My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
Post a Comment